HGW 1/48 scale wet transfers (decals) - L-29 Delfín - 248038 for Eduard or AMK
HGW 1/48 scale wet transfers - L-29 Delfín - 248038
The biggest issue using ordinary decals is the varnish which creates a glossy film around the decal. It is quite hard to work with classic decals the way to make this film invisible and it is impossible to reach a good result in case of metallic surfaces. There are dry transfers on the market but work with them is also quite uncomfortable as they are hard to place correctly and a modeler has only one chance.
HGW's wet transfers are similar to ordinary decals. It is possible to move them during the attaching process and find the best position. Then just push the water from below the transfer, let it dry for a few hours, remove the transfer foil and work is done. Only text or symbols stay attached to the surface.
1. Cut the required part.
2. Soak in hot water and wait till the decal loosens its base-paper.
3. Apply as a regular decal.
4. Push the water from below the decal.
5. Let it dry for 2-3 hours.
6. Remove the transfer foil and clean the glue stains with water.
We Also Recommend