HGW 1/48 Riveting set for Tamiya A6M5/5a Zero - 481020
HGW481020-riveting set (entire model)
from the manufactuer:
HGW models RIVETING SET in 1:48 scale for Tamiya Zero
In general, riveting sets serve for riveting of plastic model aircraft kits. By using HGW sets it takes cca 3 hours to rivet whole aircraft in 1:32 scale and 2 hours for 1:48 scale. Result is completely precisely riveted model kit which is prepared for painting and any other final works.
We used Japanese documents for preparation of our riveting sets - seemed to be the most accurate. The biggest problem was to harmonize the form of real aircraft with its minimized form which is different depending on the variety of producers. For this reason you don´t have to modify (abrade/cut/whatever) any part of your plastic model. We´ve been worked with 0,1 mm tolerance and it just fits perfectly.
1. Clean model surface by wet cloth. Optional undercoat is Mr. Surfacer 1000 or Base White.
2. Cut each design out of decal sheet and dip them in warm water (30 - 40°C) for 10 - 15 seconds.
3. Check with finger tip if design loose on base paper. If so place it in proper position on model and slide off base paper leaving design on model.
4. Apply Mr. Mark Softer for undercoat. Move design to exact position with wet finger tip and push out excess of Mr. Mark Softer, water and air bubles which are under the decal - use soft coton cloth.
5. Let the decal dry for cca 2 hours.
6. Unstick the foil carefully and wash marks caused by transfer glue.
We Also Recommend