HGW 1/48 Control Surfaces for Focke Wulf Fw 190 A/F/D Eduard 481003
HGW 1/48 Scale Control Surfaces for Focke Wulf Fw 190 A/F/D Eduard 481003
Included: control surfaces for Focke-Wulf Fw 190 A/D/F models by Eduard in 1/48 scale. Wet transfer technology means that decals don't leave any signs of varnish or typical film after application, so only text or symbols stay attached to the surface.
The biggest issue using ordinary decals is the varnish which creates a glossy film around the decal. It is quite hard to work with classic decals in such a way as to make this film invisible and it is impossible to reach a good result on metallic surfaces. There are dry transfers on the market but working with them is also quite uncomfortable as they are hard to place correctly and a modeler has only one chance. HGW's wet transfers are similar to ordinary decals, without the problems. It is possible to move them during the application process and find the best position. Then just push the water from below the transfer, let it dry for a few hours, remove the transfer foil and you're done. Only the text or symbols will stay attached to the surface.
1. Clean model surface with a wet cloth. You can use Mr. Surfacer 1000 or Base White as an optional undercoat.
2. Cut each design out of decal sheet and dip them in warm water (30 - 40°C) for 10 - 15 seconds.
3. Check with a finger tip if the decal has loosened from the base paper. If it is loose, place the decal in the proper position on the model and slide the base paper away, leaving just the design on the model.
4. Apply Mr. Mark Softer for your undercoat. Then, move the design to the desired position with a wet finger tip and squeeze out any excess undercoat, water, and air bubbles from underneath the decal with a soft cloth.
5. Let the decal dry for around two (2) hours.
6. Unstick the foil carefully and wash away any remaining marks on the model.
We Also Recommend