Atlas 10003239 HO scale GP38 GOLD CONRAIL "WHITE FRAME STRIPE" #7880
Will be tested prior to shipment!
• Golden-white LEDs • Realistic die-cast underframe
• Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers • Directional lighting
• Detailed cab interior with crew • Movable drop steps
• Walkway safety tread • Coupler cut bars
• Multiple unit hoses and trainline hoses • Snowplow
• Separately-installed scale windshield wipers, metal grab irons and fine scale handrails
• Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds
Additional feature parts included but not installed (GP-40):
• Electrical cabinet air filter box (ECAFB)
• Two engine compartment roof vents which were added by many railroads sometime after delivery
DCC Operation FEATURES:
• Supports all DCC-programming modes • Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
• A total of six DCC function outputs are available
• Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
Analog (DC) Operation FEATURES:
• The LokSound Select Dual-Mode decoder allows your Atlas Gold Series locomotive to be used on DC as well as on DCC layouts.
• Please note that the Atlas Quantum Engineer will NOT operate an Atlas Gold Series locomotive equipped with a LokSound Select decoder on an analog (DC) layout. However, the sound and lighting functions of the LokSound Select decoder in the Atlas Gold Series GP38/40 locomotive can be controlled by an easy-to-use basic DCC system
• Also note that on a DC-powered layout, a DCC and sound equipped locomotive (such as the Atlas Gold
Series GP38/40) CANNOT be consisted with another locomotive that does not also have both DCC and sound. (This statement does NOT apply to DCC-equipped locomotives operating on a DCC layout.)